Add Your Site Today!

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Welcome to Gamedom

I'm an avid gamer, and I've worked in retail for awhile now. I'm mostly a PC gamer, but I do enjoy a console game or two. This is my first, and only blog, enjoy.

So what qualifies me for making judgments on video games, hardware, and the industry in general? well not too much, I do work in retail, and I do know how things go behind the scenes at stores before a console launch.

For example, this last few weeks my store has been preparing for the PS3 and Wii launch, and I can say that it has been insane. Hundreds of calls a day, to each department of my store asking if we have the Wii or PS3 in stock.

And I have to tell them each and every time:
"Sunday, the launch schedules are for Sunday."

If you keep up with the gaming news, you will find a very consistent and obvious pattern, every Sunday since launch of the Wii, there are more to be sold in stores. This is how I got my Wii, last Sunday (the 26th of November) I waited outside of my local Best Buy for about a half-hour and got a Wii.

As for the PS3, well its going to be much harder to get one.
so generally I can say this, if you want a Wii, its not as hard as it seems, all you need to do is get to your local retail store this Sunday morning about 2 hours before it opens (they will hand out vouchers at about 1 hour before it opens) and you got yourself a Wii.

No comments: